We’re making online debit card payment safer
As part of our steps to protect you from increasing fraud threats globally, we are introducing an additional layer of security for Debit Mastercard holders.3D Secure™ is a secure online payment service that works with the LCCU Debit Mastercard to help prevent fraud in online transactions. The authentication procedure is simple and involves three steps.
- Make your online purchase and enter your debit card payment information.
- If the security system is activated for your card, a 3D Secure™ window will open.
- You will be asked to verify your identity by entering an authentication code.*
- A single-use security code will be sent by SMS to your mobile phone.**
- Once you enter the correct security code and your payment is accepted then your payment is confirmed.
3D Secure™ will be used to protect all LCCU Debit Mastercard payments from Saturday 1st May 2021.
* After the third failed authentication attempt, your transaction will be cancelled and a hold will be placed on your card. In this case, you will have to contact us to unblock your card.
** To use 3DSecure you must have a valid mobile number that is capable of receiving an SMS.