Join the team
Nominations are invited for the election of the board directors at the 2024 Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Are you willing to share your skills and experience to help your local community?
Can you give your time to your credit union?
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and wish to reflect the diversity of our membership and common bond.
To stand for election to the London Community Credit Union (LCCU) board of directors you must be:
- A member of LCCU aged 18 years or older.
- In good standing (not delinquent in his/her loan repayment)
- A citizen of the United Kingdom or a person lawfully admitted for residency/work in the common bond
- Not employed by LCCU or any other co-operative society
- Not an undischarged bankrupt
- Of sound mind
- Not convicted of an indictable offence, an offence involving dishonesty in connection with the promotion or management of an organisation or business or an offence involving fraud.
DIRECTORS’ ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The directors of London Community Credit Union play an important role in decision making and they are collectively responsible for setting long and short-term strategies, policies and procedures which impact every facet of the credit union’s operations.
Integrity and sound decision making is important for every board member, however we do require a diverse range of skills and experience including:
- Human resources
- Strategic planning & business processes
- Financial literacy
- Risk management
- Cyber & Information technology
- Digital / Online marketing
Directors work on a voluntary basis and are required to attend monthly board meetings, participate in activities and serve at least one committee. (The time commitment is about 7hrs per month (1 board meeting, 1 committee, preparation time).
Directors can be elected or volunteer to serve on one or more of the following committees:
SUB-COMMITTEES: Member Services, Finance, Property, Audit, Compliance, HR, Credit, AGM / Nominations, ad hoc committees dealing with specific projects
The deadline for applications is 6pm, Friday 27 October 2023.
Protecting your privacy
Details of your application are not recorded on your credit union membership record and have no bearing on the service offered to you as a credit union member.
Applications that are not taken forward will be deleted after 3 months following the closing date for nominations.
If you have a question about the application process please email email@example.com.”