Keeping safe during your branch visit
Wearing face coverings in shops and other High Street premises is now compulsory, unless you have a valid reason not to.
The new law, to help combat the spread of Covid-19, applies in all branches of the credit union.
If you haven’t visited us for some time we appreciate that you may feel a little anxious or be wondering what to expect. So just to recap here are some of the steps we are taking to keep members safe.
- We ask all visitors to practice social distancing and we have placed markers on the floor to indicate where it is safe to stand if queuing for the counter.
- There is a limit on the number of customers in the branch and so at busy times you may be asked to wait outside until it is safe to enter.
- In our larger branches with three counter windows we have left the middle window free to allow for distancing.
- We are cleaning our public areas more frequently and regularly sanitizing high contact points like door handles and counters.
- We have posters displayed inside the branch asking all members to comply with the safety measures we have in place.
If you would like to plan your visit for a quieter time we recommend dropping in between 11am and 12 noon or between 4pm and 5pm.
Our branch in Bethnal Green remains closed. This is being reviewed on a weekly basis.
[Update: 29 July – we are aiming for a mid-August re-opening in Bethnal Green]
Alternatives to visiting a branch
Online and automated telephone banking
More members than ever are using online banking and automated telephone banking to manage their accounts. This is a safe and secure way to manage your money and both services provide the added convenience of being available 24/7.
Current accounts and Debit Mastercard
Our current accounts, offer the option of a contactless Debit Mastercard to make payments online, in store and to provide access to cash via ATMs.
Online Loan applications
If you are considering a borrowing request as the lockdown eases, a loan application can be made online. You can submit supporting documentation online and sign your loan agreement via secure email.