I am struggling to make loan repayments due to Coronavirus, what do I do?
- If you are struggling with loan repayments, please contact the Credit Control team: CreditControl@londoncu.co.uk
- Please submit your requests – https://londoncu.com/loans/coronavirus-support-request/
I’m having to self-isolate and can’t get to credit union, what do I do?
If you are unable to commute into our Branches:
- Register for Online Banking or request access to Telephone Banking for balances and transfers
- Apply for a Gold or Platinum Current account to access your money via debit card
- Contact us by phone 020 7729 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I find LCCU
We have 3 Branches:
- Stratford: 34 Broadway, London, E15 4QS
- Hackney: 225 Mare Street, London, E8 3QE
- Poplar: 16 Vesey Path, London, E14 6BT
- Temporarily closed: Bethnal Green: 473 Bethnal Green Road, London, E2 9QH
How can I become a member?
- To become a member, please apply on our website: https://londoncu.com/join-us/
What ID do I need to provide?
- A list of the acceptable documents we take: https://londoncu.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Acceptable-ID-and-Proof-Current-Account.pdf
Where do I find my membership number?
- Your membership number will be at the top of any document issued to you by us
- Contact us by phone 020 7729 9218 or email email@example.com to find your membership number.
How do I complain?
- A complaints form can be found here https://londoncu.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/LCCU-Complaints-Form.pdf
How do I set up a regular savings plan?
You can pay into your savings by:
- Direct Debit – Form can be completed at the branch
- Standing Order – Contact your external bank and provide them with your LCCU account details
- Payroll Deduction – Form can be completed at the branch with the company that we held Payroll agreement
Do I receive interest on my savings?
- LCCU does not pay interest on savings. Dividends are paid out depending on our Financial year: https://londoncu.com/annual-reports/
Can I withdraw from my savings?
- LCCU encourage members to save, and do not encourage regular withdrawals from the savings account. .
- Withdrawals from Saving Account can be access at the branch.
- Internal transfers from Savings Account to other LCCU account can be requested via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I find out my balance?
- To check account balances can be via Online or Telephone Banking.
- Statement can be printed at the branch or online.
Can I get my balance sent by SMS?
- Yes, please send an email to email@example.com requesting a SMS of account balance to be sent to your phone.
Can I continue to save while I repay my loan?
- It is mandatory to save whilst repaying your loan. This will be discussed with you as a term and condition on loan consideration.
Are my savings covered by depositor protection?
- Yes, deposits up to £85,000 are covered by the FCA: https://londoncu.com/protecting-your-money/
What is payroll deduction?
- Savings are taken directly out your wages
- If we have a partnership with your employer it can easily be set up: https://londoncu.com/workplace/
Am I eligible for a loan?
To apply for a loan you must:
- Be over 18
- New customers must apply using the ‘Join and Borrow’: https://londoncu.com/loans/ once your application is reviewed we will contact you with a decision
- Existing members we encourage to save regularly
- Existing members with an outstanding will need to pay off a 1/3 of your balance
How do I apply for a loan?
- You can apply online: https://londoncu.com/loans/
- Alternatively, you can apply in our branches
How much can I borrow from credit union?
- We offer up to £15,000 above savings.
- Use our calculator tool to help: https://londoncu.com/loans/#loan-calc
Can I get a loan from credit union straight away?
- You may apply straight away.
When is my first loan payment taken?
- You decide the start date that is convenient for you.
How long will it take to decide my loan application?
- Loan applications take 5-7 working days, please note during busier periods the processing time may be slightly longer.
Can I top-up my loan?
- You can top-up once you have paid off 1/3.
How can I pay off my loan early?
- You can pay the remaining balance by card payment, cash.
Do I need to buy insurance to cover my loan?
Will you carry out a credit check?
- Yes, we obtain a credit check upon any loan application.
Child benefit loans
How do I apply for child benefit loan?
- You can apply for a child benefit loan online: https://www.childbenefitloans.co.uk/cu/londoncommunitycu
How do I apply for a current account?
Existing members can apply for a Current online: https://londoncu.com/current-account/apply-for-a-current-account/
- New members can apply for completed Join & Borrow online. Any Current account will be selected by completed form when appointment booked
I’ve got a problem with my current account.
- Contact your nearest branch , call 02075610679 or contact via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
When will I receive my debit card?
- Once the current account approved, the debit card will be delivered to you within a maximum of 7-8 working days.
How do I activate my debit card?
- When member receives card, need to contact LCCU to obtain access code- 6 digits number.
- To activate card, need to call the number on the back of the card and follow the procedure as prompted by the operator. Once the card is activated, press 1 to listen to the PIN.
My card is lost or stolen.
- Call the lost and stolen number which is on the back of the card or email at email@example.com to report a card as lost/stolen.
- You can also visit any of our branches to report a card as lost or stolen.
How do I set up online banking?
- You can register for Online banking here . You will need to create Log in Password, Log in Pin and Share Withdrawal password.
- Correct online registration will be approved within 24 hours
- Online registration cannot be completed on the phone, need a laptop or desktop
How do I reset my internet banking password?
- If you have forgotten one of the PIN or Login password, there are options to reset them on the website at the bottom here.
- If you have forgotten your Share Withdrawal, please contact us to reset via email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you have forgotten all three, please contact us to cancel Online Banking Registration. Member would need to re-register as a new user again.
I cannot login to internet banking.
- This may happen if you have entered the incorrect PIN or password. If LCCU has a problem this is communicated on the website.
- If you receive an error message, try a different device or network connection
Where can I find a copy of my statements?
Statements are uploaded monthly on the member’s online banking
- A statement can be requested by contacting us by phone 020 7729 9218 , email email@example.com or visiting our local branch.
How can I use the LCCU web app?
- Register for the web app online: https://londoncu.com/online-banking/mobile/using-mobile-app/
I can’t find the information I need on this website
- For any information you are unable find on our website Contact us by phone 020 7729 9218 email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit any branch
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation, we can only process your personal data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. The reasons we process your personal data are:
- if you have given your consent to the processing of your data for one or more specific purposes
- if it is necessary to fulfil our contract with you
- if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation
if we believe it is in our legitimate interest as long as that interest is not overridden by the privacy rights of the individual whose data is being used
By ‘legitimate interest’ we mean the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. Our legitimate interests are balanced against your right to privacy and when we rely on a legitimate interest to process your data we will tell you. You always have a right to object and you can do this by speaking to a member of staff or emailing PRIVACY@LONDONCU.CO.UK.
Below we outline how we use your personal data, our reasons for doing so and the type of data we are referring to. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
THE TYPES OF DATA WE MAY COLLECT
We collect many different types of data. This includes information that is necessary for us to provide our products and services, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations or to serve our legitimate business interests. Below we list the key types of data we collect, hold, use and transfer. Not all of this information is collected from every member and the examples given for each category are intended to help explain their meaning, rather than being an exhaustive list.
- Data to help identify you – this includes your name, DOB, sex
- Contact details – your address, phone numbers, email address
- Socio-demographic – details of your employment, profession, nationality, education
- Transactional – details about payments to and from your accounts
- Financial – your financial position, status and history
- Contractual – details of products and service we provide to you
- Equalities and lifestyle data – this includes ethnic origin, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability data
- Behavioural – data about how you use our products or services or interact with our website or our communication
- Consents – this includes things like how you prefer to be contacted and whether you wish to receive email statements
- Communication – data contained in letters, emails or details of phone calls or conversations
- Documentary data – details stored in documents, including ID and address verification like copies of passports, driving licenses or birth certificates.
We will never collect sensitive personal data (such as health information) without your explicit consent. There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by the website. This information can include your IP address (the unique identifying number of a computer), the browser you use, for example, Internet Explorer (IE), Firefox etc., domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by us for the operation of the service, to maintain the quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the website.
WHERE WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA FROM
The information we hold is collected through your direct interactions with us and includes the personal data you provide through:
- application forms you complete when applying for membership or new services
- when you talk to us on the phone or in branch or correspond with us by email or letter
- when you use our website or online banking
- payment and transaction data
- member surveys
- Credit reference agencies
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Payroll service providers
- Public information sources such as Companies House, the Office for National Statistics, the Electoral Registration Office
- Government and law enforcement agencies
External Transfers from Saving/BGT account:
External transfers can be requested at the branch, online or via telephone banking.
Transfers processed daily at 10.30am and 4.30pm and 1pm on Thursdays.
Transfer made on Saturdays will be processed next working day 11am.
External transfers from CA processed any time within two hours.
Security of Membership accounts:
When member opens account with LCCU, they have to complete Security Form- 6 character passcode- could be numbers or letters
To assist members with enquiries at the branch, via phone, they will be asked to provide three of the characters they set up.
This measure of security in place to avoid fraud and data protection