Full Job Description
To act as administrator to a range of Board and Committee meetings, minuting the meetings, arranging refreshments and performing associated administrative tasks, thus ensuring LCCU governance operates effectively and efficiently.
To arrange for the delivery of virtual meetings with the associated technological support.
To provide complete business support service to the London Community Credit Union Board, in accordance with corporate and statutory requirements.
Gathering and maintaining accurate information of actions, correspondence, issues and risks associated with the work of the LCCU Board and relevant committees.
- To liaise with the Board Secretary and LCCU Senior Management Team to plan and schedule all Board and other Committee meetings.
- Assist the Secretary to prepare and distribute relevant agendas, papers and minutes for all Board, Executive and other Committee meetings as required.
- Manage and update the LCCU Board Drive to provide members with access to relevant papers, documents and notifications.
- Maintain and update accurate Board membership and training records.
- Assist the Governance and Policy Committee to develop and manage a comprehensive LCCU Governance Policy
- Provide administrative and business support to the Chair, Chief executive and Senior Management team as required. This will include some HR administration duties such as letter-writing and data collection.
- Co-organise the LCCU AGM and Board away day.
- Experience of and competence at providing complex administrative services in either the public, voluntary or private sectors.
- Ability to record and disseminate accurate minutes of meetings.
- Proven ability to devise and write a range of emails, letters and correspondence with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and utilise information technology to perform a range of tasks required by the LCCU Board.
- Ability to use computer packages, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook to a high level and provide support to other staff in their use.
- Ability to remain highly organised and focused while working under pressure and to set deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, able to successfully liaise verbally and in writing with professionals and others including members, local stakeholders, Board of Directors and other employees.
- Desirable Requirements
- Understanding of the delivery of virtual meetings
- Experience of personnel/HR administration matters
- Website Content Management
LCCU Board Chairperson/ Secretary
Line Managed by:
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 16 per week
- Monday to Friday
Alongside our other plans to boost income and control costs, we are confident these changes will deliver a strong and sustainable credit union.
The credit union was set up in Tower Hamlets in 2000. Now, following our 20th anniversary, we want to work with members to ensure another 20 years of improving financial resilience and supporting the alleviation of poverty in east London. Thank you for your support.